A microwave popcorn maker is a kitchen appliance that can come in many different sizes and styles employing microwave radiation primarily to prepare popcorns.
Microwaves Popcorn makers comes in two types in three sizes.
- Compact Size – Compacts are the most popular size of microwave oven used for making popcorn. A typical model is no more than 46 cm (18 inches) wide, 35.5 cm (14 inches) or less deep and 30.5 cm (12 inches) or less tall.
- Medium Size-These microwaves are larger than compact microwaves. Their heights and depths are only marginally larger than compacts, but they are typically 50 cm (20 inches) wide or more.
- Large Capacity– These are big microwaves perfect for parties, cinema halls, bowling-alleys, and more. Large capacity ovens can handle 23*33 cm (9*13 inch) casserole dishes.
- Counter Top microwaves popcorn makers dominate the market. These ovens are designed to sit on a counter or table.
- Built In microwave popcorn makers are built into the cabinetry similar to traditional ovens. These ovens are typically more expensive than countertops.
Most microwaves popcorn makers have white enamel interiors but high end models are often stainless steel.